- As defined by ABSNC, continuing competence is the ongoing commitment of a registered nurse to integrate and apply the knowledge, skills, and judgement with the attitudes, values, and beliefs required to practice safely, effectively, and ethically in a designated role, patient population and/or setting. The PSNCB has adopted the definition of continuing competence provided by the ABSNC.
- Certificant’s records are confidential, the only public information that the PSNCB will disclose is whether or not they are certified.
Please read the recertification guide thoroughly prior to filling out your application. You may upload continuing education certificates at your own pace by logging into the Certified Nurses Area. You will be notified of your recertification six months prior to your expiration.
In order to recertify you will need:
- Nursing license
- Continuing education certificates, which must be from an accrediting source
- • Attestation signed by your supervisor or supervising plastic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon (ophthalmologist) or facial plastic surgeon (ENT) who is board certified in ophthalmology, burn care, plastic surgery or facial plastic surgery who holds a current full and unrestricted license.
- Please note, journal articles must have been published within the three-year certification period.
To make the recertification process as simple as possible, we recommend organizing your certificates with the following steps:
|Create a file folder on your computer to store your approved CE / Contact hours and CMEs. For example folder: CPSN 2021 or CANS 2021.|
|Scan each certificates into your computer and save in this folder. As you scan each document into the folder, rename the file according to what the document is such as State Nursing License, Attestation, or Consideration of Muscle Depth for Botulinum Toxin Injections: A Three Dimensional Approach.|
|Once you are ready to complete your application you will enter the name of the supporting document. At the end of that entry line you will find a browse button. Use this to locate the folder and files you had previously created. Once you locate the corresponding document, you simply upload it and move on to the next line. Of course you may opt to enter all the specifics first, then go back and upload each corresponding document.|
|Review your entire application for completeness prior to submitting in order to avoid having it sent back to you for correction or additional information.|