At the time a nurse applies to sit for the certification exam, applicants must:
- Be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the United States, its territories or Canada, holding a current full and unrestricted license.
- Have spent at least 1,000 practice hours within the core specialties during the last two (2) years.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience as a registered nurse within the four Core Specialties in collaboration or in a practice with a physician that is board Certified within a core specialty. This can be in a general staff, administrative, teaching, or research capacity for at least three (3) years prior to application.
- Be currently working in collaboration or in a practice with a physician that is Board Certified within one of the following specialties: Plastic/Aesthetic Surgery, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, or Facial Plastic Surgery (ENT).
- Have your supervising core physician, who holds a current full and unrestricted license, endorse your application.
What to know when applying
|Follow the directions in the application.|
|Once completed, send your application, supporting documentation and payment by US mail to C-NET (Center for Nursing Education and Testing)|
|For confirmation of receipt or to follow up on status of application, please contact C-NET at (201) 214-9083 or email@example.com.|
|C-NET will contact you via US mail two weeks prior to the exam stating your eligibility for the exam.|
|Two weeks prior to the exam, C-NET will mail you a permit with the date, time, and location for the exam. You may not take the exam without this permit. This permit will arrive via US mail.|
|After taking the exam, you will receive your results 4-6 weeks later via US mail.|
|Recertification is done every 3 years. You must meet all eligibility requirements in order to recertify.|
The dates and information provided below are for information only.
2019 Exam Dates
For information regarding specific test sites, locations and times, please go directly to the C-NET website, where full details are available. The PSNCB uses the Center for Nursing Education and Testing (C-NET) for our certification examinations and their team has the most up to date information on examination dates, locations and times.
|Location||Exam Date||Application Deadline||Application Late Fee Deadline*|
|ISPAN Annual Meeting
San Diego, CA
|September 23, 2019||July 29, 2019||August 12, 2019|
|Cross National Locations||October 19, 2019||August 23, 2019||September 6, 2019|
*Add $25 late fee to application
Certification Examination & Other Fees
|$195||ISPAN members (membership must be current)|
|$25||Nonrefundable Application Fee|
|$20||Returned Check Fee|