At the time a nurse applies to sit for the certification exam, applicants must:
- Be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the United States, its territories or Canada. (A copy of current RN license is required).
- Work in collaboration or in a practice with a physician that is Board Certified within one of the following specialties: Plastic/Aesthetic Surgery, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, or Facial Plastic Surgery (ENT).
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience as a registered nurse within one of the listed core specialties above in a general staff, administrative, teaching, or research capacity within three (3) years prior to application.
- Have spent at least one thousand (1,000) practice hours within the core specialties during the preceding two (2) years.
- Have your supervising core physician endorse your application. (A copy of the physician's endorsement is required)
What to know when applying
|Follow the directions in the application.|
|Once completed, send your application, supporting documentation and payment by US mail to C-NET (Center for Nursing Education and Testing)|
|For confirmation of receipt or to follow up on status of application, please contact C-NET at (201) 214-9083 or email@example.com.|
|C-NET will contact you via US mail two weeks prior to the exam stating your eligibility for the exam.|
|Two weeks prior to the exam, C-NET will mail you a permit with the date, time, and location for the exam. You may not take the exam without this permit. This permit will arrive via US mail.|
|After taking the exam, you will receive your results 4-6 weeks later via US mail.|
|Recertification is done every 3 years. You must meet all eligibility requirements in order to recertify.|
Certification Examination & Other Fees
|$195||ISPAN members (membership must be current)|
|$25||Nonrefundable Application Fee|
|$20||Returned Check Fee|